skip navigation

Domestic Transfers


Transferring to a Different Club within Canada (Domestic Transfers)

Whether you have moved for work, have been recruited by a new club or are switching teams after being away from the game for a couple seasons, you must first get a transfer release from your old club.  Players AND Coaches.

Everyone must now do their transfer request online as they transfer for the new season. ONLINE LINK - CLICK HERE

Former club, sub union and provincial union will need to approve the transfer online.

The player must NOT play with the new club until the release has been authorized.  The new club will take responsibility for not allowing said individual to take the field until release has been obtained.  A sanction may be applied to the fixture in which an 'unauthorized' player took part.

Once you receive the transfer, you must register with your new club before you take part in league games – even if you are a current Rugby Canada member in another province.