The Calgary Rugby Union (CRU) is seeking a Program Manager to execute its men’s, women’s, and junior rugby programs.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Fixture scheduling for CRU programs and coordinating with Rugby Alberta and the Edmonton Rugby Union for provincial programs;
- Coordinate facility and field bookings, game schedules, and referees; interface with the Calgary Rugby Park’s Facility Manager;
- Setup, coordinate, and manage CRU rugby leagues using the SportsEngine website;
- Manage member registration and coordination with all member clubs;
- Manage player enrollment and retention;
- Liaise with Alberta Junior Rugby Association including supervision of three Youth Development Officers;
- Schedule and coordinate CRU rep. rugby programs (Mavericks) including running of the camps, academies, tournaments, and test matches;
- Coordinate club, player, coach, and referee development;
- Prepare annual budgets for all rugby programs;
- Work with Rugby Alberta to establish and develop Rugby Alberta pathway programs;
- Coordinate volunteers for special events;
- Liaise with school programs and develop retention pathways;
- Maintain CRU website including league and program schedules, fixture information, current news, team rosters, and sponsor information and links; and
- Assist with the preparation of applications for grants, bingos, and casinos.
The successful application will meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and passion for the sport of Rugby;
- Strong computer skills related to office software, social media, and the internet;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent people management skills;
- A flexible schedule and be available to work on evenings and weekends as needed; and
- A valid Class 5 Operator’s License.
Salary is expected to be based on an anticipated average of 30 hrs per week throughout the year. However, the applicant needs to be aware that the job hours are heavily weighted during the lead-up, and during, the summer season. While planning and coordinating for the following season is an important aspect of the role, it is expected that time requirements during the late Fall and early Winter will be significantly less than those hours required during the peak times.
Deadline for submissions is 5:00pm on Friday, February 10, 2017. Interested applicants please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.